Guest informationArrival and departure times
We are as flexible as we can be about times of arrival and departure. It helps us if you can let us know your estimated time of arrival when you book.
Pets - we're sorry, but we can't accommodate any pets.
Places to eat - There is a wide choice of eateries around Fernlea Cottage, covering many cuisines. The villages of Tattenhall, Handley, Waverton and Christleton provide a wide choice of places to eat.
You might like to use The Onionring - Cheshire's own website for finding good restaurants.
Here are a few suggestions:
- Mitchells Brasserie (Tattenhall) - a family-run wine bar and restaurant offering International cuisine, with a big emphasis on local produce. A la carte menu plus "Something out of the blue" - a daily changing fresh fish menu. Light lunches and open sandwiches Tuesday to Friday, traditional Sunday menu. Great selection of wines, plus local cask ales from the Weetwood Brewery.
- Try Thai At The Bear - authentic Thai cuisine in a traditional English pub setting. Try these Thai dishes! - Por Pia Ped, Si Krong Moo Ob Num Peung, Tom Yam Goong, Ped Tad Krab Sam Rot, and Gaeng Phed Ped Yang. (For those who's Thai's a little rusty, that means duck spring rolls, honey spare ribs, spicy king prawn soup duck with sweet and sour chilli and roasted duck red curry!)
- Village Indian, Tattenhall - recently voted one of the restaurants of the year by Asian Woman magazine
- Calveley Arms, Handley - lovely old gastropub, in a quiet village bypassed by the A41
- The Sportsman's Arms, Tattenhall - great food and at least 4 cask beers on at all times. Pub Grub, A la Carte and Children's menus, with wide selection of lighter meals. Our favourite.
- Alternatively, Chester city centre, with its complete range of restaurants, is only a few miles away. We are more than happy to help you choose somewhere and make a booking on your behalf.
Bus service 41/41A runs from the city centre and passes Fernlea Cottage. Ask the driver to tell you when you are leaving the A41 to turn to Tattenhall.
Doctor / Dentist
We have full details of emergency medical care, should you need any help during your stay with us.
Places of worship
C of E - St Albans Church in Tattenhall is close to Fernlea Cottage.
Methodist Chapels - Brown Knowl and Rowton.
Click here to download 'Guest Information' as a pdf file