- We've installed a thermal panel to heat the water
- Our roof now boasts photo-voltaic panels to generate electricity (these usually generate more electricity than we use, allowing us to export to the grid)
- We're developing a one acre wildflower meadow without using fertilisers or sprays and allowing grazing at selective times
- Our private lounge is heated by a wood-burning stove which provides space heating as well as hot water
- We've put up numerous bird-boxes around the property to help the wild bird population, including a barn-owl box which has already been home to one family of barn owls!
Of course, there's always more that can be done, and we've always got some projects in the pipeline!