AccessibilityWe welcome everyone at Fernlea Cottage. However, due to the layout of the house we are unable to provide a downstairs bedroom, or to accommodate guests who are unable to manage stairs.
If you have any specific requests or questions that you would like to discuss with us, please call or email.
The house is on 2 levels;ground and first floor. There is plenty of parking on the driveway in front of the house. The driveway is covered with pea shingle gravel and is directly accessible from the road. The parking is less than 10m from the front door. There is a single step down and a single step up into the house.
The ground floor is on a single level with no steps. The dining room is on the ground floor. There are no ground floor bedrooms. There is a split flight of steps to the first floor with a small landing halfway (7 steps followed by 6 steps), with a handrail on both sides.
The first floor is on a single level with no steps.
Assistance Dogs and other Pets
We welcome assistance dogs - but it would help if you could mention that you will be bringing an assistance dog at the time of booking.
We're sorry, but we cannot accommodate pets other than assistance dogs.
Menus and guest information are available in large print on request.
One of the bedrooms has en suite facilities, and the other bedrooms has exclusive use of a private bathroom on the same floor as the bedroom. Cordless kettles are available in the bedrooms. The bedrooms are lockable.
The televisions in the bedrooms have remote control handsets. Each bedroom has a main ceiling light, controllable from the door. There are also bedside lamps on each side of the bed.
The duvets are made of a synthetic filling, suitable for people with allergies. The pillows are feather-filled, but pillows with a synthetic filling are available in the rooms. Heating is thermostatically controlled and adjustable in both guest rooms. Each bedroom is supplied with a beverage tray.
- All the mobile phone networks have good to average coverage.
- A cordless telephone handset on the house phone line can be made available for guest use on request.
- People with nut allergies should be aware that we do use nuts in the kitchen.
- We are happy to supply soya milk, decaffeinated coffee or tea or other alternatives on request. Please advise us prior to your arrival.
- Breakfast is served in the dining room on the ground floor.
- Guests have use of a private lounge on the ground floor.
- We are non-smoking throughout and have been prior to the change in law.